Friday 7 January 2011

The Cherry On Top





I wanted to create an image like Laura Laine's by having an image in the background. I dragged an image of a cupcake into the illustration to incorporate a Marie Antoinette theme into my image. Originally i had started shading in my illustration to make an exact copy of Laura Laine's image, but then i started to mess around with image adjustments and found a sketch tool that i think had made my image clean and different. I decided that my illustration shouldn't be the same as Laura Laine's. I like that it has it's own style.
This is original image i drew inspired by Laura Laine's illustrations. I changed her illustration by adding a Marie Antoinette inspired dress and headband in the big hair. In my opinion it's quite messy so i wanted to clean it up on photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment