Monday, 27 June 2011

Dress Continued... The Bodice!!

This is the back pattern for my bodice of the dress. I didn't make any alterations as I only wanted a close fitting bodice. The shape is very simple.

This is the front of the bodice pattern. I wanted to keep it simple as the snood will cover the neckline. I want my final fabric to be the focal point of the dress so the pattern is quite simple.

This is the bodice after I have put the darts in. As you can see from the image it isn't fitting the body right.

This is an image of the inside of the bodice. I decided to make the darts more like seams so that it fitted the mannequin perfectly. I have also take a good inch off the side seams. I want the dress to be nipped in at the waist.

The seams work much better than the darts did and I actually think the seams create a nice tailored effect.

I have left the centre back open as I want to put an invisible zip reaching just past the hips so my model can get into the dress.

As you can see from this image the armhole is slightly too big and the seam doesn't sit on the shoulder right.

 I added more into the seams on the shoulders so that it would fit properly. This sorted out the two issues mentioned previously.

This is a close up of the bodice attached to the skirt at the waistline. I think this dress flatters the female body well. On the inside I have overlocked and pressed all the seams. I plan to make a lining in the dress for a neat, professional finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment