Monday 27 June 2011

Final Garment - Shorts - Outfit 1



Unfortunatley I dont have any images of the in between stages. But these are my cami shorts to go with my maxi skirt, jacket and bra top. I chose a silky asian print to tie in with my Marie Antoinette theme as they had these types of fabrics imported over to France. They were the very height of luxury. I also wanted my outfit to have an eclectic feel to it. I wanted to keep it modern.

This is a close up of the waistband. The fabric was quite hard to work with as it slipped around when using the sewing machines. I put interfacing on the waistband to try to make it stiffer. I then pressed it so it lay flat.

This is a close up of the top stitching on the hem on my shorts. If I'd of had more time I would of liked to of done a neater finish. Overall I'm happy with the way my shorts have turned out. I also added a orange invisible zip down the side seam of my shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment