Monday 27 June 2011

Toile Diary - Loose fitting T-Shirt



This photo and the photo above is of my t-shirt patterns which will be going over the top of my lace dress. I thought I could literally take the darts out of the pattern. Unfortunatley the shape was totally wrong because I hadn't closed the darts.


This is the draft pattern of my t-shirt sleeve. I wanted it to be a short sleeve rolled up for a laid-back feel. This image shows where I have shortened it to.



I realised that my model wouldn't be able to get the t-shirt on if I'd stuck to a close-fitting bodice block. So to make it loose fitting and easy to slip on I swung the waist dart out. 
I also altered the necklinen so it was  curved and a bit lower. I wanted the lace dress neckline to show above this.
This is the final altered pattern for my t-shirt.


This is the effect of swinging the waist dart out.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment